1 day course
This is a Level 2 course which required candidates already to be confident and competent handling shotguns. They must also not be a prohibited person under Section 21 of the Firearms Act to handle a firearm. It is designed to consolidate and progress existing shotgun and field shooting competence as these apply to the loading and assisting role. Appropriate for persons already or, planning to be engaged as loaders and assistants in formal game shooting, recreationally or, linked to a work role requirement. Min. age to enrol 16. Courses may be facilitated on private estates or registered shooting grounds. Max 6 persons.
Course content – am Theory
- The role of the shooting loader
- Standards of behaviour and etiquette in the shooting field (lowland driven game)
- Quarry ID; status and context
- Shotguns and cartridges – fit for purpose and compatibility; chamber/gauge/pressures
- Grouse loading technique and protocol (upland)
- Firearms legislation
-pm Practical on driven clay targets
- Applied health and safety – managing risk
- Loading routines safe handling and use:
- Single gun
- Double guns
- Grouse technique
- Shotgun and equipment maintenance
Lantra registration, certification, course materials, equipment and refreshments included.
Facilitation at shooting schools and private estates throughout the UK.